Tuesday, July 12, 2011

CONCENTRATE ON JESUS - - Song


I met the author of this song in 1969.  Bill Thompson was an Evangelist and had written at least 14 songs.  He recorded a 33 LP to sell at his meetings to help support his ministry.  My mother bought one, and I played it enough to learn all the songs on that record.  His singing voice is not the greatest in the world, but his music is very pleasing to me.  His name; William L Thompson II, now calls to mind the hymn-writer, William Lamertine Thompson, who wrote SOFTLY AND TENDERLY, among others.  I heard from Bill in 1999 and he was, at that time, pastor of Grace Church in southern Arizona.  He sent me a copy of a tape of choruses he had written that they sang there at his church.  I played it so much I was afraid I would wear it completely out! 

CONCENTRATE ON THE LORD   (c)1966   Key:  Ab   4/4
      W & M by William L (Bill) Thompson II

1. Concentrate on Jesus, concentrate on His word,
Remember His promise and your prayers are heard;
Concentrate on Jesus, keep your mind in accord,
There's be no debate, if you'll concentrate,
Concentrate on the Lord.

Chorus:
Concentrate on Jesus, let Him show you the way,
You'll enjoy your salvation, as you yield day by day;
Concentrate on Jesus, let your troubles be o'er,
It's never to late, if you'll concentrate,
Concentrate on the Lord.

2. Concentrate on Jesus, let your mind be at rest,
He'll give you contentment for he knows what's best;
Concentrate on Jesus, let Him be your reward,
There'll be no mistake if you'll concentrate,
Concentrate on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment