Thursday, July 14, 2011

SOMEBODY LOVES ME - - song


I believe I was born at a good time in history.  I love the “old” hymns of the Church, especially the Evangelistic hymns from about 1860 forward to the early 1950’s.  This is another one my Dad enjoyed singing.  I have referenced a YouTube posting so you can listen to this yourself.  I like the tempo of this performance.   I am unsure at this time who wrote the music, but I suspect it was by the people who wrote the lyrics.   

           
SOMEBODY LOVES ME     (1940)    Key:  Eb   4/4 
     Words By: Marjorie Crumley, Tom Fettke, W F Crumley
     Music by:  ?  

1.  I’m in love with my Savior and He’s in love with me,
He is with me from day to day, what a friend is He,
Watches over me while I sleep, hears me when I pray,
I’m as happy as I can be, and I now can say: 

Refrain:
Somebody loves me, answers my prayers,
I love Somebody, I know He cares;
Somebody tells me not to repine,
That Somebody is Jesus, and I know He’s mine.

2.  You’ll be happy if you will let Jesus have His way,
He has work for us all to do every passing day;
Feed the hungry and cheer the sad, for the sinner pray;
You’ll have joy that you never had, and you then can say:

3.  Then at last when our work is done, He will call us home,
To a mansion He has prepared, nevermore to roam;
We’ll sit down by the riverside, cares all passed away,
And with never a pain to bear, what a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment